New puppies are a handful and you may feel lost and frustrated at times. Puppy Start Right Preschool (private lesson) focuses on providing behavioural foundation for your puppy's real-life and social skills and problem prevention along with basic training using positive and gentle methods.
Puppy Start Right Preschool Programme is developed by Karen Pryor Academy for Animal Training & Behaviour, USA. The programme has a unique approach that combines veterinary expertise with dog training expertise.
Puppy Start Right is a 6-one hour in-home training programme for healthy puppies between 7-20 weeks old. You will learn the importance of positive and safe socialisation for puppies; providing a solid foundation for your new puppy and helps to prevent potential behaviour issues including fear and reactivity or aggression. We use new, innovative and positive reward-based training and clicker.
Who will benefit from Puppy Start Right Preschool:
- Families who would like to have individual one-to-one attention for their puppies.
- Families with busy schedule that would like to tailor lesson time and date to fit their schedule
- Dog owner with shy puppies that will need individual attention and will do better in a home environment
- Dog owner with very active or challenging puppies that will need extra attention and less distraction in their learning environment
What will you learn:
- Understanding your puppies: You will learn to read your puppy's body language and communicate with your puppy clearly; creating a lifetime bond.
- Puppy socialisation: meeting other human and dogs/ puppies in a safe and positive manner. Gradually introducing puppies to potentially scary items like vacuum cleaner, bikes, cars, etc.
- Basic skills: sit, come, loose-leash walking, give attention, come when called, leave it, settle on mat, drop it, stay and a perhaps a fun trick of your choice.
- Prevention topics: receive expert guidance on potty training, preventing chewing, jumping, barking/whining, food guarding and separation anxiety, etc.
- Wait for good things: for food bowl, for attention, before going outside, to have his collar and leash on.
- Love handling: learning to like being touched and checked. This will make vet visits and grooming a lot easier.
Puppies who have graduated from Puppy Start Right Preschool can usually progress directly to Master Programme without having to complete the Graduate Programme.
Schedule: 6 private sessions (one hour per session)
- 6-one hour lesson, in-home central - S$ 1350
- 6-one hour, in campus lesson - S$ 1050
- 3-one hour, in home central + 3-one hour, in campus - S$ 1200
- Additional charges apply for outside central location
Contact us now. Indicate that you are interested in Puppy Start Right Preschool and describe the main challenges that you are currently facing. We will reply within one working day.